07 February 2010

The British Foot almost finished

Well Sunday night almost 11 and the foot are at the stage where they now just need to be based.

I worked my way through three stands on Friday and finished the rest tonight.

Painted the white straps and shako plumes.



Painted the red on the plumes, and the brass badge on the shako.



Painted the facings. 3 green, 3 blue, 3 yellow and one red. (Matched the flags that came with the set)



Then removed them from the painting sticks and attached to bases using PVA. Decided to have the front rank at the centre of the base so more room in front.






Next step is to finish up the bases. That'll start tomorrow night. With glue and ink etc drying I expect it will take a few days until they're finished. I'm really happy with how they've come together.

Once these are done, I'll do some more work on my 15mm woodland creatures from splintered light miniatures.

I'll also have to post what my outstanding projects are ... (that could take a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment